Thursday, February 10, 2011

Its interesting. The person I am right now is a completely different person than who I used to be. I actually don't even feel like that person was me. The interesting thing is the reason I feel this way is not based solely on my size. It has more to do with the way I think and live.

I feel like I have gone through a very large personal transformation in my body, mind, and soul. I first achieved my weight loss goal which is something that I never thought would be a possibility in this lifetime. I then began the process of questioning my beliefs and views on life and this universe. I am still currently in this process and I very much hope it never ends. I will NEVER know anything about this world and life, I realize this. So all I can think to do is learn as much as I can while I am here and do the best I can to become the best person I can be. 

In the past year I have made conscious efforts to change my behavior in situations. Which to my surprise I actually noticed a difference in how people treated me and how I felt about others and treated them. Id like to share with you one of the things I did and how I realized I needed to change my behavior. 

About 6 months ago or so I was in my room recording a song with my camera. I was playing guitar as well and I had just gotten through half of the song and it was perfect so far. My mom then knocks on my door and asks me a simple question. I got so frustrated and snapped at her for doing that when I was recording. She apologized and seemed genuinely sorry but I still treated her poorly from my frustration in this situation. Now, If I was not recording I may not have made this change. I was replaying what I recorded a little later and was absolutely disgusted with myself and how I had treated my mom. This made me take a look at my behavior in a different way. I thought about it more and realized, how on earth should my mom have known I was recording. She even felt terrible and apologized. I had no reason whatsoever to snap at her. From that moment on I told myself that I would no longer take out frustration on others when it was in no way deserved. 

It took about 4 months until I really noticed a difference. There were many times I had to remove myself from a situation so I didnt say something I regret. It was also very consuming constantly thinking about what to say and not just speaking from reaction. However, as time went on it became easier. I found that I now have a great deal of patience for people, I honestly care about people more, and I have become a lot better friend and person because of this simple change I made in myself. 

Everyday I strive to be the best person that I can be and treat others how I want to be treated. No one deserves anything less. I dont care who they are, or what they did. I love everyone. I am no better than any other person on this earth.

A major point I would like to bring up is that I still snap at times and still take out aggression when I shouldn't. I am not saying I will never act that way again, because I most certainly will. The point of this is that most of the time I have learned to keep my cool and I only hope that as time goes on with this change, I will eventually have less and less frustration that I may take out on others.

The only thing I know for sure is that this life I am living is more than I can even fathom. I dont believe I will ever know for sure why life exists. The one thing I do feel I know is that life is ment to be shared and enjoyed. I believe life is about people and the expiriences you share with those people. Good and bad. I can learn something from every single person I come into contact with. 




3 comments:

  1. still following you! even on here
    youve done so good !!! it will be a process. but it was worth it!
    <3 Aj(gumisonmyshoe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lady, i have been watching your videos since i started my weight loss journey. i'm happy to see you blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dear Kristine, I'm from Brazil, so I dont know how to write in English, I mean, my English is too bad =P
    I found you when I was researching about tummy tuck, and here I am, reading your blog =)
    You seems to be a very kind person, and I want give you congratulations for your weigth loss.
    You said that you dont know why life exists, well my dear God made you, He decided to make you to be with you for the eternity, but we had a problem, we are sinners and God is Perfect and Holy, so how we can be with The Perfect One? Well, that's why He sent His Son, to die for us, to pay the price of our sins and now it's possible to have a new life with Him. I recommen to you a book named "purpose driven life" written by Rick Warren.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete